The Lewis M. Fraad Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City Health and Hospitals/Jacobi is committed to training exceptional pediatricians. The entire program has been designed to provide residents with a comprehensive educational experience and to prepare them for careers in pediatrics. The residency also provides an excellent foundation for future training in pediatric subspecialties, public health, and child advocacy.
The Department of Pediatrics is dedicated to excellence in patient care, education, and research. We have the privilege of serving the diverse communities of the Bronx while having the full academic support of The Albert Einstein College of Medicine. At the same time, the Department is committed to providing a collegial and supportive environment in which residents thrive. We are most proud of how our residents cooperate as a team, caring about each other while caring for their patients. We pride ourselves on the close-knit feel of our program, and we make the wellness of our residents a priority. We welcome you to explore our program further and hope you will consider joining us.
Our program stirves to:
- Provide residents with a diverse patient population which has a wide range of clinical needs and socioeconomic factors affecting health outcomes
- Provide residents with ample opportunities for advocacy
- Provide superb instruction on patient care, medical knowledge, practice-based learning, communication skills, professionalism, and systems-based practice
- Promote a sense of compassion for our patients and a commitment to their community and to patient-family centered care
- Promote physician leadership
- Develop the foundation for pursuing future training in academic pediatrics, pediatric subspecialties, public health, and/or child advocacy
- Provide residents with the tools for learning how to teach other trainees
- Provide a supportive and respectful learning community that encourages lifelong wellness as residents and graduates