A Proud History
The Lewis M. Fraad Department of Pediatrics, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Jacobi Medical Center has a proud history. Founded in 1955 for the newly opened Albert Einstein College of Medicine and located adjacent to the medical school, the Department was the first site of clinical pediatric training for Einstein students and developed a reputation of excellence in patient care, teaching, research, and leadership. In 1998, the Department was renamed to honor Lewis M. Fraad, a role model and leader for generations of graduates. The Department has a proud academic tradition that includes such luminaries as Drs. Harry Gordon, Henry Barnett, Chester Edelmann Jr., Abraham Rudolph, Lewis Fraad, and Arnold Einhorn. The Department continues the tradition today with its reputation for quality care, new and innovative curriculum in the medical student and residency programs, and leadership in national and international forums.