Denise Serebrisky, MD
Dr. Serebrisky is the Director of the Division Pulmonology. She is also the Co-director of the Pediatric Asthma Collaborative Team at Jacobi. Dr. Serebrisky is board-certified in Pediatric Pulmonology, and she is an Associate Professor of Pediatrics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
- Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship: The Mount-Sinai Hospital
- Neophytou AM, Oh SS, Serebrisky D, et al. Secondhand smoke exposure and asthma outcomes among African-American and Latino children with asthma. Thorax. 2018 Jun 13. pii: thoraxjnl-2017-211383.
- Mak ACY, White MJ, Serebrisky D, et al; NHLBI Trans-Omics for Precision Medicine (TOPMed) Consortium. Whole-Genome Sequencing of Pharmacogenetic Drug Response in Racially Diverse Children with Asthma. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2018 Jun 15;197(12):1552-1564.
- Oh SS, Du R, Serebrisky D, et al. Breastfeeding associated with higher lung function in African American youths with asthma. J Asthma. 2017 Oct;54(8):856-865.
- Sherenian MG, Cho SH, Serebrisky D, et al. PAI-1 gain-of-function genotype, factors increasing PAI-1 levels, and airway obstruction: The GALA II Cohort. Clin Exp Allergy. 2017 Sep;47(9):1150-1158.
- Goodwin RD, Rodgin S, Goldman R, Rodriguez J, deVos G, Serebrisky D, et al. Food Allergy and Anxiety and Depression among Ethnic Minority Children and Their Caregivers. J Pediatr. 2017 Aug;187:258-264.e1.
- Steinberg DM, Serebrisky D, Feldman JM. Asthma in children of Caribbean descent living in the inner-city: comparing Puerto Rican and Afro-Caribbean children. Psychol Health Med. 2017 Jul;22(6):633-639.
- Thakur N, Barcelo NE, Serebrisky D, et al; Perceived Discrimination Associated With Asthma and Related Outcomes in Minority Youth: The GALA II and SAGE II Studies. Chest. 2017 Apr;151(4):804-812.
- Hernandez-Pacheco N, Serebrisky D, et al. Identification of a novel locus associated with skin colour in African-admixed populations. Sci Rep. 2017 Mar 16;7:44548.
- Galanter JM, Gignoux CR, Serebrisky D, et al. Differential methylation between ethnic sub-groups reflects the effect of genetic ancestry and environmental exposures. Elife. 2017 Jan 3;6.
- Nishimura KK, Iwanaga K, Serebrisky D, et al. Early-life ozone exposure associated with asthma without sensitization in Latino children. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2016 Dec;138(6):1703-1706.
- Abid Z, Oh SS, Serebrisky D, et al. Maternal age and asthma in Latino populations. Clin Exp Allergy. 2016 Nov;46(11):1398-1406.
- Cho SH, Min JY, Serebrisky D, et al. Association of a PAI-1 Gene Polymorphism and Early Life Infections with Asthma Risk, Exacerbations, and Reduced Lung Function. PLoS One. 2016 Aug 24;11(8):e0157848.
- DiMango E, Serebrisky D, Narula Set al. Individualized Household Allergen Intervention Lowers Allergen Level But Not Asthma Medication Use: A Randomized Controlled Trial. J Allergy Clin Immunol Pract. 2016 Jul-Aug;4(4):671-679.e4.
- Fishbein AB, Lee TA, Serebrisky D, et al. Sensitization to mouse and cockroach allergens and asthma morbidity in urban minority youth: Genes-environments and Admixture in Latino American (GALA-II) and Study of African-Americans, Asthma, Genes, and Environments (SAGE-II). Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2016 Jul;117(1):43-49.
- Neophytou AM, White MJ, Serebrisky D, et al. Air Pollution and Lung Function in Minority Youth with Asthma in the GALA II (Genes-Environments and Admixture in Latino Americans) and SAGE II (Study of African Americans, Asthma, Genes, and Environments) Studies. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2016 Jun 1;193(11):1271-80.
- McGarry ME, Castellanos E, Serebrisky D, et al. Obesity and bronchodilator response in black and Hispanic children and adolescents with asthma. Chest. 2015 Jun;147(6):1591-1598.
- Pino-Yanes M, Gignoux CR, Serebrisky D, et al. Genome-wide association study and admixture mapping reveal new loci associated with total IgE levels in Latinos. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015 Jun;135(6):1502-10.
- Sheares BJ, Mellins RB, Serebrisky D, et al. Do Patients of Subspecialist Physicians Benefit from Written Asthma Action Plans? Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015 Jun 15;191(12):1374-83.
Articles in e-Medicine:
- Serebrisky D. Pneumatoceles. Emedicine.medscape.com/article/1003289-medication.
- Lafferty KA, Bonhomme K, Martinez CV, Wiener SW, Serebrisky D. Smoke Inhalation Injury. Emedicine.medscape.com/article/771194-overview.
- Mancini MC, Scanlin T, Serebrisky D. Hemothorax. Emedicine.medscape.com/article/2047916-overview.
- Lovinsky-Desir S, Serebrisky D Laryngomalacia Medication. Emedicine.medscape.com/article/1002527-medication.
- Cataletto M, Serebrisky D. Childhood Sleep Apnea Clinical Presentation. Emedicine.medscape.com/article/1004104-clinical
- Co-Investigator. Gene-environments and Admixture in Lationa Asthmatics. 1R01 ES015794-01A1. 7/1/08-6/30/10.
- Co-investigator. Racial/ethnic differences in symptom perception in childhood asthma. 1R03 HD053355. 7/1/08-6/30/10
- Co-Investigator. Asthma disparities in Latino children: Acculturation, illness representations. R01 AT005216-01. 7/1/09-6/30/14.
- Co-Investigator. Comparative Effectiveness of Environmental Intervention and Standard Care in Ability to Reduce Pharmacologic Therapy for Asthma”. 1 R01 HS019384. 2010-2013
- Pulmonary Complications in the Pediatric HIV/AIDS Cohort Study (PHACS). 3U01HD052102-08S1 9/30/12-7/31/13.
- Site investigator, GlaxoSmithKline SAS115358. A 6 month safety and benefit study of inhaled fluticasone propionate/salmeterol combination vs inhaled fluticasone in the treatment of pediatric subjects with persistent asthma. 2014
- Asthma Symptom Perception Feedback Intervention for Minority Adolescents. 1R01HL128260-01A1. 12/15/15-11/30/18.