Denise Serebrisky, MD
Dr. Serebrisky is the Director of the Division Pulmonology. She is also the Co-director of the Pediatric Asthma Collaborative Team at Jacobi. Dr. Serebriskyis board-certified in Pediatric Pulmonology, and she is an Associate Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine
University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Residency: Montefiore Medical Center
- Pediatric Pulmonary Fellowship: The Mount-Sinai Hospital
- Sheares BJ, Mellins RB, Serebrisky D, et al. Do Patients of Subspecialist Physicians Benefit from Written Asthma Action Plans? Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015 Apr 13.
- McGarry ME, Castellanos E, Serebrisky D, et al. Obesity and Bronchodilator Response in African-American and Hispanic Children and Adolescents with Asthma. Chest. 2015 Mar 5.
- Pino-Yanes M, Thakur N, Serebrisky D, et al. Genetic ancestry influences asthma susceptibility and lung function among Latinos. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Sep 13. pii: S0091-6749(14)01107-5.
- Galanter JM, Gignoux CR, Serebrisky D, et al. Genome-wide association study and admixture mapping identify different asthma-associated loci in Latinos: The Genes-environments & Admixture in Latino Americans study. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2014 Aug;134(2):295-305.
- Thakur N, Oh SS, Serebrisky D, et al. Socioeconomic Status and Childhood Asthma in Urban Minority Youths: The GALA II & SAGE II Studies. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013 Nov 15;188(10):1202-9
- Feldman JM, Steinberg D, Serebrisky D, et al. Perception of Pulmonary Function and Asthma Control: The Differential Role of Child Versus Caregiver Anxiety and Depression. J Pediatr Psychol. 2013 Nov;38(10):1091-100
- Drake KA, Torgerson DG, Serebrisky D, et al. A genome-wide association study of bronchodilator response in Latinos implicates rare variants. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013 Aug 29. doi:pii: S0091-6749(13)01061-0
- Nishimura KK, Galanter JM, Serebrisky D, et al. Early Life Air Pollution and Asthma Risk in Minority Children: The GALA II & SAGE II Studies. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013 Aug 1;188(3):309-18.
- Kumar R, Nguyen EA, Serebrisky D, et al. Factors associated with degree of atopy in Latino children in a nationwide pediatric sample: The Genes-environments and Admixture in Latino Asthmatics (GALA II) study. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2013 May 16. doi:pii: S0091-6749(13)00586-1
- Borrell LN, Nguyen EA, Serebrisky D, et al. Childhood Obesity and Asthma Control in a Diverse Sample: Examining age and Racial/Ethnic Differences. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2013 Apr 1;187(7):697-702
- Sidore-Arcoleo K, Feldman JM, Serebrisky D, Spray A. A multi-factorial model for examining racial and ethnic disparities in acute asthma visits by children. Ann Behav Med. 2012; 43(1):15-28
- Oh SS, Tcheurekdjian H, Serebrisky D, et al. Effect of secondhand smoke on asthma control among Black and Latino children. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2012;129 (6):1478-83
- Steinberg DM, Sidora-Arcoleo K, Serebrisky D, Feldman JM. The relationship between caregivers’ post-traumatic stress disorder and their asthma health beliefs in an ethnic minority inner-city sample. J Asthma. 2012 Sep;49(7):724-30.
- Myers RA, Himes BE, Serebrisky D, et al. Further replication studies of the EVE Consortium meta-analysis identifies 2 asthma risk loci in European Americans. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012;130(6):1294-301
- Feldman JM, Kutner H, Serebrisky D, et al. Prediction of peak flow values followed by feedback improves perception of lung function and adherence to inhaled corticosteroids in children with asthma. Thorax. 2012;67(12):1040-5
- Feldman JM, Mayefsky L, Beckmann L, Lehrer PM, Serebrisky D, Shim C. Ethnic differences in asthma-panic disorder comorbidity. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010; 125(3): 760-2.
Articles in e-Medicine
- Pino-Yanes M, Gignoux CR, Serebrisky D, et al. Genome-wide association study and admixture mapping reveal new loci associated with total IgE levels in Latinos. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2015 Jun;135(6):1502-10.