The mission of the Pediatric Residency Program at NYC Health + Hospitals Jacobi of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is to provide our trainees with a comprehensive educational experience which will prepare them for careers in pediatrics. The diverse, inner-city population cared for at the Jacobi Medical Center offers our residents exposure to the full depth and breadth of pediatric disease. Faculty mentorship fosters intellectual curiosity and provides an excellent foundation for pursuing future training in academic pediatrics and the pediatric subspecialties.
Furthermore, participation in the hospital’s mission, to provide care for everyone, regardless of who they are, stimulates interest in public health, child advocacy, and a commitment to the community.
Our program will:
- Provide residents with a diverse patient population which has a wide range of clinical needs and socioeconomic factors affecting health outcomes
- Provide residents with ample opportunities for advocacy
- Provide superb instruction on patient care, medical knowledge, practice-based learning, communication skills, professionalism, and systems-based practice
- Provide an outstanding faculty dedicated to excellence in clinical education and individual growth and promoting intellectual curiosity resulting in innovative clinical research, quality improvement projects, curriculum development, disease prevention interventions, and a life-long commitment to ongoing learning and continual professional development and maintenance of certification
- Promote a sense of compassion for our patients and a commitment to their community and to patient-family centered care
- Promote physician leadership
- Develop the foundation for pursuing future training in academic pediatrics, pediatric subspecialties, public health, and/or child advocacy
- Provide residents with the tools for learning how to teach other trainees
- Provide a supportive and respectful learning community that encourages lifelong wellness as residents and graduates