Auxford Burks, MD
Director, Residency Training Program
Dr. Burks is the Program Director for the Pediatric Residency Program at Jacobi. Dr. Burks is also an Attending in the Division of Ambulatory Care and the Co-director of the Neonatal Follow-up Clinic. He is the Chair of Jacobi’s Performance Improvement and Graduate Medical Education Committees and serves on the Admissions Committee of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Burks is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Georgia Institute of Technology
Tulane University School of Medicine
Internship and Residency: Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- J. Auxford Burks MD, Rachel Katz MD, Marlene McHugh DNP, FNP-BC, Pablo Joo MD, Kenneth Rivlin, MD, Karen Moody MD, MS.: Improving medical student understanding of palliative care through problem based learning (PBL). Poster Presented at the Seventh Annual Davidoff Education day, April 14, 2010.
- Paul K. Sue MD, Daran Kaufman MD, Auxford Burks MD, Jeffery Gershel MD, Kenneth Rivlin MD, PhD: Experiential learning of quality improvement: Converting resident “gripes” into Quality Improvement (QI) projects. Abstract Presented at the PAS meeting in Denver Colorado, April 30 – May 3, 2011.
- Acculturation of International Medical Graduates. Ernie Guzman, MD, Ashweena Gonuguntla, MD, Auxford Burks, MD. Presented at the Spring Meeting of the Association of Pediatric Program Directors, March 31 – April 3, 2011.
- Teaching Professionalism: Unveil Your Hidden Curriculum. Brian Lurie MD, MPH, H. Barrett Fromme MD, MHPE, Kathleen Gibbs MD, Auxford Burks MD, Caren Gellin MD, Jay Peacock MS. Presented at the Spring Meeting of the Association of Pediatric Program Directors, March 24 – March 28, 2015.
- Lauren R Richter, MD, Jeffrey Gershel, MD and Kenneth Rivlin, MD. Pediatric Residents' Perspective on Physician Suicide: A System Problem. Abstract Presented at the PAS meeting in San Diego, California, April 25 – April 28, 2015.
- Rodriquez D, Gershel J, Burks A, Rivlin K. Using Implementation Research to Assess the Barriers to Reproducing a Successful Model for Resident QI Projects. Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, Baltimore, MD, May 1, 2016.
- Lichten SD, Burks A. Orbital and Periorbital Cellulitis In: Gershel JC, Rauch DA, eds. Caring for the Hospitalized Child. 2nd ed. Elk Grove, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics; expected 2016
- Burks A. Fluids and Electrolytes. In: Gershel JC, Rauch DA, eds. Caring for the Hospitalized Child. 2nd ed. Elk Grove, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics; expected 2016