Miriam E. Silfen, MD
Dr. Silfen is the Director of the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology. Dr. Silfen is board certified in Pediatric Endocrinology, and she is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
New York University School of Medicine
- Internship and Residency: Babies and Children’s Hospital, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Endocrinology Fellowship: Babies and Children’s Hospital, New York Presbyterian Hospital
- Scahchner HC, Silfen ME: Endocrine emergencies, in Crain EF, Gershel JC (eds), Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics (4th ed), McGraw-Hill, New York, 2003.
- Silfen ME, Denburg MR, Manibo AM, et al: Early endocrine, metabolic, and sonographic characteristics of polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS): comparison between nonobese and obese adolescents. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2003;88:4682-8.
- Uyttendaele H, Koss T, Bagheri B, Schneiderman P, Silfen ME, et al: Generalized acanthosis nigricans in an otherwise healthy young child. Pediatr Dermatol 2003;20:254-6.
- Denburg MR, Silfen ME, Manibo AM, et al: Insulin sensitivity and the insulin-like growth factor system in prepubertal boys with premature adrenarche. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002;87:5604-9.
PMID: 12466359 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Chin D, Oberfield SE, Silfen ME, et al: Proinsulin in girls: relationship to obesity, hyperinsulinemia, and puberty. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002;87:4673-7.
- Silfen ME, Manibo AM, Ferin M, et al: Elevated free IGF-I levels in prepubertal Hispanic girls with premature adrenarche: relationship with hyperandrogenism and insulin sensitivity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002;87:398-403.
PMID: 11788683 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Silfen ME, Shackleton CH, Manibo AM, et al : 5 alpha-reductase and 11 beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity in prepubertal Hispanic girls with premature adrenarche. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002;87:4647-51.
- Sopher AB, Thornton JC, Silfen ME, et al: Prepubertal girls with premature adrenarche have greater bone mineral content and density than controls. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001;86:5269-72.
- Silfen ME, Manibo AM, McMahon DJ, et al: Comparison of simple measures of insulin sensitivity in young girls with premature adrenarche: the fasting glucose to insulin ratio may be a simple and useful measure. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001;86:2863-8.
- Silfen ME, Garvin JH Jr, Hays AP, et al: Primary central nervous system lymphoma in childhood presenting as progressive panhypopituitarism. J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2001;23:130-3.