Sandra J. Cunningham, MD
Dr. Cunningham is the Director of the Division of Pediatric Emergency Medicine and Director of the department’s Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course. She is also a member of Jacobi’s Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee and the Committee on Admissions of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Cunningham is board-certified in Pediatric Emergency Medicine and she is an Associate Professor of both Clinical Pediatrics and Clinical Emergency Medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Dartmouth Medical School
- Internship and Residency: New York Hospital, Cornell University
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship: Bronx Municipal Hospital Center (now Jacobi Medical Center)
- Garcia CM, Meltzer JA, Chan KN, Cunningham SJ. A Validation Study of the PAWPER Tape - A New Weight Estimation Tool. Journal of Pediatrics 2015. In Press.
- Batsis ID, Okito O, Meltzer JA, Cunningham SJ. Internal hernia as a cause for intestinal obstruction in a newborn. Journal of Emergency Medicine 2015. In Press.
- Morissey M, Ciorciari AJ, Cunningham SJ. A seventeen year old with acute onset of hemiparesis. Pediatr Emerg Care 2015. In Press.
- Duchicela S, Cunningham SJ. High concentration continuous flow nitrous oxide versus standard care alone for procedural-induced pain or anxiety during pediatric minor procedures. Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies annual meeting, Vancouver, CA May 2014.
- Garcia CM, Cunningham SJ. Mechanism as an indicator of injury in pediatric blunt trauma. Presented at the Pediatric Academic Societies annual meeting, Washington DC May 2013.
- Lim CA, Kaufman BJ, O’Connor J, Cunningham SJ. Accuracy of weight estimates in pediatric patients by prehospital emergency medical services personnel. Am J Emerg Med 2013;31:1108-1112.
- Nixon A, Cunningham SJ, Cohen H, Crain EF. The effect of lactobacillus on acute infectious diarrheal illness in the pediatric emergency department. Pediatric Emergency Care 2012;28:1048-1051.
- Lim CA, Cunningham SJ. Baclofen withdrawal presenting as irritability in a developmentally delayed child. West J Emerg Med 2012;13:373-375.
- Cunningham SJ, Associate Editor in Crain EF, Gershel JC, (eds) Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics (5th ed) 2010. New York: Cambridge University Press.
- Cunningham SJ, Hafeez W. Procedural Sedation and Pain Management in Henretig FM, King C, (eds) Textbook of Pediatric Emergency Procedures (2nd ed) 2008. Baltimore: Williams and Wilkins.
- Batsis ID, Okito O, Meltzer JA, Cunningham SJ. Internal hernia as a cause for intestinal obstruction in a newborn. J Emerg Med. 2015 Sep;49(3):277-80
- Garcia CM, Meltzer JA, Chan KN, Cunningham SJ. A validation study of the PAWPER (Pediatric Advanced Weight Prediction in the Emergency Room) tape--A new weight estimation tool. J Pediatr. 2015 Jul;167(1):173-7.e1.