William B. Caspe, MD
Dr. Caspe is the Chairman of the Lewis M. Fraad Department of Pediatrics. Prior to coming to Jacobi, he was the Chairman of Pediatrics at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital. For the past 24 years he was then Assistant Dean and Chairman of the Admissions Committee for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Caspe is a Professor of Pediatrics at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
Internship and Residency: Yale-New Haven Hospital
- Harish Z, Bregante AC, Morgan C, Fann CS, Callaghan CM, Witt MA, Levinson KA, Caspe WB: A comprehensive inner-city asthma program reduces hospital and emergency room utilization. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 2001;86:185-9.
- Hand IL, Wiznia AA, Porricolo M, Lambert G, Caspe WB: Aerosolized pentamidine for prophylaxis of Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in infants with human immunodeficiency virus infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J 1994;13:100-4.
- Heller RF, Saltzstein HD, Caspe WB: Heuristics in medical and non-medical decision-making. Q J Exp Psychol A 1992;44:211-35.
- Arpadi S, Caspe WB: Guidelines for the care of children and adolescents with HIV infection. HIV testing. J Pediatr 1991;119(1 ( Pt 2)):S8-13.
- Caspe WB: Guidelines for the care of children and adolescents with HIV infection. Introduction. J Pediatr 1991;119(1 ( Pt 2)):S3.
- Arpadi S, Caspe WB: Diagnosis and classification of HIV infection in children. Pediatr Ann 1990;19:409, 412-3, 417-20.
- Conway EE Jr, Varlotta L, Singer LP, Caspe WB: Hemorrhagic shock and encephalopathy: is it really a new entity? Pediatr Emerg Care 1990;6:131-4.
- Caspe WB, Nucci AT, Cho S: Extreme hyperpyrexia in childhood. Presentation similar to hemorrhagic shock and encephalopathy. Clin Pediatr (Phila) 1989;28:76-80.