Thomas J. Daley, MD, FAAP
Dr. Daley’s career has focused on the clinical care of children and the education of medical students and residents in Pediatrics. Shortly after his residency in 1972, Dr. Daley became the Director of Medical Student Education at Jacobi Medical Center for several years while also working as a general pediatrician at Einstein’s neighborhood health center.
In 1979, he became the Associate Director of Pediatrics at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center and the Director of the Residency Program where he continued to supervise the education of residents and Einstein medical students. Almost 20 years later, Dr. Daley moved to become the Director of Pediatric Education at St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital in Paterson, New Jersey.
He was also the Director of Medical Education for St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, until his retirement in November, 2013.
In 2014, Dr. Daley returned to Jacobi Medical Center as a valuable member of the department taking on the role of educator and mentor for the residents and medical students. Dr. Daley leads resident education sessions on three mornings each week and monthly medical student teaching sessions. Dr. Daley is a Clinical Professor of Pediatrics.
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Internship and Residency: University of California, San Francisco
Original Communications in Reviewed Journals
- Heary CD, Daley TJ, and Shaw EB: Prolonged fever from unusual cause (retinoblastoma). Amer J Dis Child 123: 51-52, 1972.
- Gewirtz JM, DiCarlo S, Daley TJ and Caspe WB: Airway Obstruction in Acute Mononucleosis in Young Children. Clinical Pediatrics 21: 131-135, 1983.
- Stein C, Stern M, Ernst J, Daley TJ, and Caspe WB: Actinomycosis in a Recent Tuberculin Converter. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 2: 52-55, 1983.
- Hand I, Wiznia A, Checola R, Kim MH, Noble L, Daley TJ and Yoon JJ: Human Immunodeficiency Virus Seropositivity in Critically Ill Neonates in the South Bronx. Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal 11: 39-42, 1992.
Chapter in Book
- Daley, TJ Pneumonia. In: A Clinical Manual of Emergency Pediatrics. Crain E and Gershel J (eds.), Appleton-Century-Crofts, p 485-463, 1985.